Monday, October 22, 2012

MARVELOUS MONDAY WITH SKETCH INSPIRATION

Trisha posted another sketch over on Sketch Inspiration on Sunday.  This is Sketch #343 and it's a great one.  Come on girls....let's get to creating some layouts using these fabulous sketches.  I really enjoyed using the sketch from last week and creating this layout:
I used some of the My Minds' Eye "All is Bright" collection for the background and the accented it with some of the Teresa Collins' "Tell your Story" collection along with some stamps from Unity.  The washi tape at the bottom is from Teresa Collins and My Minds Eye as well.  I was inspired by Shaunery Wharton to start participating in the CSI challenge site, where she is a member of the design team.   Lots of fun combining Trisha's fabulous sketch and the challenge over at CSI together.  Only problem is.....
I need some company....
Nobody else from Cat's participated this week....
It's very lonesome......
 
So....
Join me this week and create a layout or card using this week's sketch.
Upload it to the Sketch Inspiration website...
I want to have other people's work to share next Monday.
 
In the meantime, I want to share some of the completed canvases from this weekend's "You Ought to be In Pictures".

This is Cat's canvas and our inspiration.  I love these phtotos of Cat and Ray and they look great on her canvas.
Carol Houston decided to make her's a piece of wall art and leave off the photos.  BEAUTIFUL!
Susan Wolverton made her's very shabby chic with lots of crackle.  LOVE it!
And Kelly Maddux let us all see her super artistic side.  She wrapped the wire of her flowers around twigs that Cat had brought in for our fall page layout.  She made the background all streaked...We were all in awe of her canvas!
 
It was so much fun to see everyone go their own way on these canvases, draw inspiration from each other and then see how differently each one turned out.  I think this was definitely a favorite project for everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Marilyn, I love your take on the sketch. That looks like My Minds Eyes "All Is Bright" Collection and that also happens to be my favourite. The colors are awesome! Love the canvasses too!

    Thank you so much for leaving such lovely comments on my blog during the Unity/Paper Issues Blog Hop. It really does mean the world to me.

    Renee xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout, Marilyn! I love all the elements you added. It's beautiful! And wow! Everyone's canvas projects look great!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete