Friday, October 12, 2012

FEATURE FRIDAY

Today, we are featuring Cat's BFF, Sharon Leonard.
Sharon lives over in the metroplex, but grew up in South Texas with Cat.   I asked Sharon to send me a short biography about herself so we could learn more about her:

Most everyone knows that Cathy and I have known each other since we were 6 years old.  We grew up down the street from each other.  We went from playing Barbies to Scrapbooking, yes scrapbooking in the 1960's when we would cut out pictures of Bobby Sherman, Davy Jones and glue or tape them into scrapbook albums.  They were not quite as sophisticated then as they are now.  Cathy and I have been roommates two times since we graduated High School and talk of the day when we retire and scrapbook the days away in our rocking chairs.
I have worked in the Medical Field for the last 38 years and am a single parent of a wonderful 18 year old.  Megan Graduated in May and is now at the University of North Texas.  She has been my life for the past 18 years and now it's time to buckle down and scrapbook all those memories.


I live in the Grapevine area and do not get to Cat's as much as I would like to but now that I have an empty nest I plan on burning up the road to Mineral Wells as much as I possibly can.
 

This is a two page layout that Sharon created using the "Genuine" collection from Authentique and featuring some photos of Megan and friends at the State Fair of Texas.  Love it!  Perfect since it is State Fair time!
More photos from the State Fair.  Perfect use of this collection from My Minds Eye.
 Look at this amazing beach layout.  Love the fish neg, the sand, and everything about this layout.  WOW!
 
Love this two page layout of a day at NRH20--fabulous!  Love the diagonal cut of the circle paper and how she "tucked" in the tickets.
One last layout from Sharon.  Gotta share some Christmas photos and this wonderful layout. 

I hope you enjoyed getting to know Sharon a little better.  I know I have enjoyed going down memory lane through these layouts of her precious Megan. 





4 comments:

  1. Love that girl!!! So much fun and such a great scrapper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon & I had the best Mattel City for our Barbies made out of shoe boxes, scrap material and anything else we could find. Think there were even a few encyclopedias in there as buildings. Then I drug her kicking and screaming, so she says, to the first GASC in the late 90s. We had a blast and with our crazy off the wall out of the box minds we were off and running with a more advanced scrapbook than our Davy Jones and Bobby Sherman ones. Then I called her one day and said, "I bought a scrapbook store in Mineral Wells." She said, "well, if anybody can make it work you can." Here we are and how much fun has it been?????? THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this girl! What a great story to have a friend since childhood and still be the best of friends! Great scrapper too! Look forward to seeing more of her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome story of a true friendship! Gorgeous and creative page layouts too by Sharon. I really enjoying this post today. :)
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete