Thursday, September 26, 2013

DESIGNER OF THE MONTH

Our first Designer of the Month was voted on by the September retreaters.  The winner was Sandy Trefger!  These are the projects she made for the competition:
One of the requirements was to make a project other than a layout or card, so Sandy made a treasure box.  Unfortunately, the projects of the entrants were damaged by a coffee spill, so the coffee stains are not part of the original entry.  Cat provided both of the entrants replacement paper so they could repair their projects.  
This is the inside of the treasure box and the two mini albums inside.
The entrants were required to make a card.  This is the card and envelope that Sandy made for the competition.  Love those pinwheels!
One-half of the two page layout they were required to make.  
Second half of the layout. Again, the coffee stains were not part of the design!

As you can see, Sandy is a very talented lady.  She is a regular teacher at the store and her classes are very popular.  I asked Sandy to share some information about herself:
I've been scrapbooking since 1995 and have all my old photos and my mother's photos safely archived in scrapbook albums.  I still scrapbook now and then but have since moved into creating mini albums for my current photos (though right now not many of them are in the mini albums just yet!)

Since I was no longer scrapbooking on 12x12 layouts because I was "caught up", I started making cards for Operation Write Home in 2011.  That is also when I started my blog:  www.sandyscraftycreations.blogspot.com  to share my cards and to participate in card challenges.  In June, 2012, I ventured into designing.  I guest designed for the We R Memory Keepers Facebook Page in June, 2012 by creating a two page layout. In June of that year I also applied to several Design Teams for challenge blogs.  I am currently designing for the following challenges:

Digi Haven  June 2012 - present
Seems A Little Sketchy June 2012 - present
Cards in Envy  February 2013 - present

In addition, I am the Winner Coordinator for Seems A Little Sketchy and the Hostess for Cards in Envy both on the blog and on their Facebook page.

I am a past designer for the following challenges:
Clear It Out Tuesday August 2012 - January 2013
Stamping Shack November 2012 - April 2013
Christmas Cards All Year Round  January 2013 - June 2013

I love crafting with pretty papers, which means I have a lot in my craft room and I love sharing what I learn with others. I have a Youtube channel where I post how to videos and tutorials.  You can find the links to the videos and tutorials on my blog.

Congratulations, Sandy and thanks for sharing this information with us.
It's DOUBLE PUNCH THURSDAY, so come to the store and pick up some of the AMAZING new products that have arrived at the store.  You get double punches all day long, so it is a great way to fill up your punch card to get $10 off of your next purchase.


2 comments:

  1. This was a fun challenge to work on and I hope more will participate on the October Halloween challenge! It is an honor to be the first Designer of the Month. And I want to encourage others to participate and not be intimidated or think they cannot create something that will win. The requirements for the October challenge are to make a 2 page layout and a card. No extra project. I know there are many talented scrapbookers who make awesome layouts that would take top honors. So please step up, buy your kit and start creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sandy. Your projects were absolutely wonderful!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete