Sunday, July 22, 2012

SUNDAY INSPIRATION, NEWS, AND WOW WINNERS

Cat came back from the Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) show full of ideas.  Nanci is at the beach in North Carolina, but they are collaborating on ideas long distance.  So, start saving your money now because you know they are going to come up with some AMAZING classes for us.  And, in addition to all of the wonderful classes, we will be inundated with fabulous new product to purchase.  I have it on good authority that some of the new product will be here next week......  I can't wait to see all of the new goodies as they arrive and am anxious to see what Cat and Nanci dream up for us. 

Speaking of new product, how many of you have purchased products that you haven't used because you don't remember how?   August 25th, from 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Cat is planning a class called "Paint It, Stain It, Color It" to teach us how to use those stains, paints, pens, and other products that were "must haves" but are now "not used" items.  I know I'm planning attending this class since I have quite a few products that are never or seldom used (shhhh don't tell anyone). 
Have you been playing along with the Sketch Inspiration challenge to use the sketches each week so that at the end of the year you have 52 layouts/cards completed?   This is Sketch 321 and I want to share with you some layouts made by various customers so you can see how different they are even though everyone used the same sketch.
This is Becky Blann's creation using Sketch #321.  She used the planet as the circle element--love that.  I love the rocket above the photos.  Such a cute layout.

This is Chasity Wilbur's version of the sketch.  She used the baseball as the circle element.  Love how she did this layout--fabulousness!

This is Sandy Trefger's layout for Sketch #321.  She used jack-o-lanterns for the circle elements in the sketch.  Her family has a big Halloween party every year so Sandy has lots of cool Halloween photos to scrapbook every year. 
Wanda Green did lots of distressing on her creation for Sketch #321.  Love all the crumpled paper--fun layout!  

As you can see, these layouts are all very different, but based on the same sketch.  I hope this will encourage you to use the sketches of Sketch Inspiration as a jumping off point to help you get your pages going.  Sometimes they are just the little "kick" of inspiration you need to get started.
I apologize for not announcing the winners from WOW Wednesday yesterday.  This is new to me and I forgot!  So, without further ado, I used random.org to pick the winners.  The winner of the participants was Valerie Light and the winning commentor was #7 from Valerie's blog--Allison Graves.  Just a reminder that I took out my comments and any duplicate commentors from the count for the winning comments.  Congratulations, ladies, and please contact Cat at the store for your prize package.

Did you make it to the store this weekend for the big sale?  If not, don't despair.  It is going on through Thursday, and we are open until 8:00 p.m. on Thursdays.  Remember, 35% off of anything that has been in the store for more than six months and 50% off of the holiday things.  Time to stock up now. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and hope to see you at the store!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to start getting goodies from this season's new releases..I'm excited to see the new lines in person!! Thanks Cat!!
    How awesome of a blog that you featured several of your customer's creativity...thank u for picking my LO!
    It was a fun page for me bcuz I used some of my little man's pics..he was so much fun to watch play baseball and he played so well for his first time playing on a team! These pics were at the TX Rangers baseball camp.
    Congrats to the first round of winners and I look forward to this W.O.W. Wednesday!! See ya then :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. My creative mind is totally engaged! Beach life does a mind good! R&R is awesome! I SO wish I could bring my scrapping supplies here! Wished weren't so heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the posts and blog updates! Great way to communicatevwith our scrapping gang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Valerie & Allison!! Thanks for sharing my Halloween page! The sketches make is so easy to create a quick and awesome page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to be a winner! Congratulations to Allison! I do love the sketches from Sketch Inspiration! They really help to get me moving off dead center!

    ReplyDelete